Our Beach and Bush Safari combines a guided game drive through the iSimangaliso Wetland Park
with swimming/snorkelling in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean at Cape Vidal. Nowhere else in the world will you find 5 major ecosystems so close together, making this a one of a kind experience! The day starts at 6 am when you are collected from your accommodation in St Lucia in one of our open game vehicles and taken on a leisurely game drive through the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our experienced guide will discuss the history of the Wetland Park and share their local knowledge about the animals, birds and plants of this unique area. Taking a breakfast stop during the drive means you get to experience the atmosphere of the bush in all its glory.
On arrival at Cape Vidal, sea conditions permitting, there is the option to swim / snorkel in the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, accompanied by your guide for your safety. Alternatively simply relax on the golden sandy beaches and dip just your toes in the sea if you prefer to stay slightly drier!
Lunch will be a South African braai (barbeque) with side dishes such as salads and bread rolls.
(On rainy days the bush braai is substituted with pre- packed meats)
Refreshments including wine, beer and soft drinks are available to quench your thirst. Rare Samango monkeys often visit us at the picnic areas whilst we dine, keeping an eye on our proceedings! The Cape Vidal Safari ends with a leisurely game drive back through the game reserve to your accommodation in St Lucia.
For a more intimate and exclusive safari experience there is the option to upgrade to our Elite tour. As well as all the inclusions of our standard tour, you have the use of a pair of binoculars for the duration of the tour (per couple), a guaranteed window seat as we restrict the maximum number of guests to 6 in total and additional snacks and refreshments throughout the day.
Half Day Tour
If you are short on time then we also offer a half day option, which includes breakfast and you would be dropped back to your accommodation before lunchtime.
Full Tour Details:
Point of departure: Any accommodation in St. Lucia
Duration of tour: Elite & Full Day ± 8.5 hours
Duration of tour: Half Day ± 6 hours
Departure time: 6am
Children of all ages are allowed.
For babies, please bring your own car seat, all our vehicles have seat belts.
Meal options: please advise on any dietary requirements, we will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
Inclusions Standard tour:
• Full day tour with pick up from and return to St. Lucia
• Breakfast, lunch and refreshments
• Guided tour by qualified and experienced guide
• Park entry fees & community levies
• Snorkeling gear & towels
Inclusions Elite tour:
- Full day tour with pick up from and return to St. Lucia
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments and snacks
- Guided tour by qualified and experienced guide
- Park entry fees & community levies
- Snorkeling gear & towels
- Pair of binoculars to use for the duration of the tour
- Maximum 6 guests per tour
- Gratuities for the guide
- Maximum of 9 people per vehicle (5 vehicles available, with option of more vehicles)
- Maximum of 6 people per vehicle for Elite Safaris
- Minimum of 6 people per vehicle for Half Day Safaris
- No sightings are guaranteed on any of our safaris
- Snorkelling is tide and weather dependent. The decision by your guide is final